So it was the February holidays. The weather was terrible, just wet and cold. We didn’t have enough money to go away and even if we did Cooper was still too little to stay somewhere. Finally I had time to crack on with some D.I.Y and give our little home a ‘homely’ feel.
Brilliant! So it’s always challenging doing some decorating with your other half…Not always the same way of doing things, the same vision or expectation ect… Matt is fairly perfectionist and doesn’t mind if the job requires hours, days or month. I, on the other end, just like to get things done (even if it means cutting corners or dare I say it Bodging it!!!)Yay the French are awesome are bodging stuff so i feel at home here now. 😉
Our house was never meant to become some kind of show house so a little bodging there and there and everywhere won’t hurt. Well it will hurt Matt so we won’t bodge too much.
I also want to recup and reuse as much stuff as possible and it really doesn’t matter if it doesn’t look perfect. For me it looks real!
So we’re working on some compromises….Add to this the kids, who always like to get involved. Some days it worked and others it was just dreadful. Add to this a dog and a cat who love playing chase!
In the bathroom, we have reused the old tiles. This has meant lot of preparation, soaking them and taking the old plaster off but it is worth it.
My bodging has meant that the paint is not sticking to one of the wall so we have a new plan for above the sink!
The original plan was to insulated the outside of the bathroom before decorating but as always I wanted to get on with it. I know that in the long run, this will mean we’ll have to redecorate/repaint some walls but the building-site looks is kind of boring after a while.
Then i painted the utility and gave the tiles a little make over. (bye bye avocado green)
Then I moved on to the lounge and started painting the ceiling….Then we ran out of paint and couldn’t find the same one again, settled for a different one, argued it was going to look really s***, painted for hours…..went to bed, woke up, finished it and actually felt happy with the end result.
Then, well I just wanted the whole room done, so we painted the chimney, got the tiles off the walls, went to the shop and bought some wallpaper and some wood and some really crap adhesive….(‘Colle tout’ was the best but they decided to replace it with ‘Fix all’ which isn’t as good. lol)
We are not completely done but we’re getting there.
The kids have also enjoyed making breads. They are getting really good at it.
Saf has also been making a house for her doll. I love her creativity.