So Matt took all the render off the walls in the kitchen and while I was cleaning the walls, he moved on to the front room and started digging the window sill to uncover another old sink, unfortunately it had been broken up to make way for the radiator! We came up with an idea to use it as it is. (watch this space as this should look pretty cool once it’s complete)
Trying it out. It still works!
Sometimes Matt had to dig holes and sometimes he had to rebuild them.
We also need to dig for the sink grey water. (the other sink we’re adding on to the kitchen)
After measuring carefully and hours of drilling through a meter and a half thick wall, joining the two parts was a good feeling!
An improvement for the kids:
We plugged the TV in so we can now watch DVDs near the open fire.
Matt’s practising his photo-posing. I did warn him that I would post them on the blog regardless.
Matt tried the chimney on for size (so to speak, and yup he is in there) but we’ll have to fit our hot air system somewhere else as this space was too small.
We finished clearing the kitchen. Yay!
Matt’s pretty chilled however we found that some days we got to the deadly hour and have now called it the “F*ck this Shit O’clock” (that’ll be photo 2)
I know there’s another good one somewhere, I need to find it.